Week 9 Reading and Writing

1. Looking back

After having a look back through my work, I found my reading and writing to be some one decent compare to what they were. I am happy with how well some of my blog posts look and how professional the may look compared to a lot of my earlier ones. 

My favourite post that I have written so far I would say would have to be Game Decisions. The whole concept of flow theory and how it is applied to the creation of games among other medias really kept me interested in learning more. It was the easiest source material to find and also to read through. Not only was the reading material easy to come by with many sources, there were many videos as well. Some I found to be boring and didnt explane too well, whilst others were fascinating.

How I feel about the project so far, I must say, I am dissapointed. I had so many issues when trying to make the plane fly and work. I used code from previous tutorials and I even used the plane but it just did not do what I wanted to do and kept falling through theother obsticals and assets. I decided in the last moment to change my game to a driving game. I added a few buildings I downloaded from the asset store and people to act as scenery. I am happy with how that looks but still dishartand with how the project has been going so far. I feel like I really let myself down regardless of work or other personal issues.

So far my biggest accomplishments for myself is turning up to class and still going to college. Many times I almost gave up on everything because the pressure of everything else, as well as the course, has been too much for me to handle. So the fact that I am still pushing through, doing my best to get everything done and keep on going is a big accomplishment. Other than that it is how much I have learned in this semester than the past year. These set backs have shown how much I need to keep learning and keep reading even though I didn't think I could; that is my accomplishment.

2. Image

For this task I am torn between two images. The first being my plane game idea. I just love the concept and thought process I was going through. It made me excited and hopeful until it stopped working for me and I had to start again. I still may do this game when I dont have a time frame to work within.


The idea was to start on the ground and take off flying through hoops. I used this image from unity forums as references just to get an basic idea of what I wanted and the idea of donuts made me laugh. There are many places I would like to go with this game somewhere down the line but not with donuts.

The second image is the Last of Us logo because that is from my favourite game and I just love how simple and visually appealing the Logo is. But I dont need to show that image. It was second on my list to show.

3. Looking forward. 

I would like to improve my focus on the task at hand when it comes to reading and writing exercises. I know that I am progressing and I am improving but at a slow pace. I would like more time in my own life so I can dedicate more time to reading and writing. I look forward to a lot more fun ways to source out some of the articles. There are many techniques and ways to go about doing them that are boring and will lose my interest so I am looking forward to learning and aproaching tasks and challenges from different perspectives.

Comments