Unity Tutorial 1

 

 

Image Source   

So here I am. Back to Unity 101. To say this task was both fun and frustrating is an understatement, even coming back from last year I never realised just how much I forgot until I got back to doing it all again. I have learned a great deal in the basics of Unity and understand the coding language C# a little better than before but I still struggle.

The main feats that I accomplished in learning are patience, focus, and determination when trying to get the ball rolling especially with a full time job and other responsiblities. It was all just a new form of learning the same thing from a different perspective

This time round I will be making sure I avail of the shortcuts to make my life that bit easier, god knows I could do with something easy just in order to make a better, more fluid workflow for myself. These are the key elements that will make all the difference when building and developing a game.

What I liked: I loved the sense of achievement when I got a task completed and I saw my work progress, it made me want to continue and make a better and more fun scene. It is very time consuming but worth it if you put the time and effort in. It is also reasonably easy once you get your head around it all.

What I disliked: The coding aspect of any language is a nightmare for my head to grasp. While I do understand it a bit better,  I still  struggle to understand basic language let alone computer language, so for me, the biggest challenge is always going to be finding a way to understand and use C# (and other languages) more often. but I am looking forward to see the outcomes and they will be all the more rewarding. 

Designing characters within a whole world, then making it playable, is going to be a daunting task. I don't like thinking about the size of this challenge, so I would rather take it step by step as there is a lot involved in learning and implementing those skills to make a functioning game. I think this is why I want to take a step back and go with some kind of vehicle game where the mechanics are more manageble to control.

 



Comments