Game Idea Research

 

Unity Plane Image Source
 

 For my Plane Game I plan on making it basic and as easy as possible, whatever that means. There are few things in which the game requires. 

1. Easy controlls. The game must perform well at a steady pace with standard controlls. Using arrow keys, the player must be able to fly using the directional keys with ease.

This link here on YouTube showcases a pretty straightforward and fun way to creat flying controls in unity.

2. Targets. To make things interesting, I plan on having targets stationary throughout the game that will help build up points and some to lose points if the wrong target is hit. 

3. Speed. I will have a timer set so players will have to challenge themselves to beat and keep score of. this will be tricky as I plan on having rings to fly through that will either speed you up or slow you down

Some other mechanics that I would like to implement  are other planes to race against and time yourself that way and power ups such as Mario Cart but I think at this stage that would be a little too complicated to do. 

There are other things I would like to do. but for now i'll start off easy and work my way up. The donuts in the image above are a nice suggestion to place in for objects to fly through but I think I will leave it as normal rings.

I would like to add some falling objects like hail or rock or something else that will hit the plane and drop the altitude or when you go a certain speed the plane gets a lot more difficult to control and the steering sticks or is a lot more difficult to manouver. There are many to chose from but for now is just getting it off the ground being the main goal....pun intendid.


Comments